Media Engagement Manager
The Engagement Manager is focused on our most strategic customers. The function’s goal is to maximize customer satisfaction, retention, and growth throughout the relationship. In this role, you will use your background in technical pre-sales, program management and service delivery to help evolve our customer’s cloud strategies, moving them from concept to implementation that best leverages both the customer’s and Akamai’s strengths. You will drive business value, innovation, develop strong customer relationships, along with a deep understanding of the customer’s business models. As an Engagement Manager you will be responsible for:
* Serve as the central point of contact for the customer, expand client relationships, oversee integrated account team execution, and ensure we meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Work independently or lead small technical teams with Akamai customers/resellers to evaluate the customer’s web architecture and deliver the appropriate integration solution.
* Accountable for customer implementation portfolio, including architecture design, portfolio planning and throughput, creation and maintenance of operational controls and tracking metrics and deliverables.
* Participate in operational issues related to specific engagements, including billings, expenses, staffing, utilization management, among other client facing activities.
* Work closely with direct sales to educate customers on Akamai's services and solutions - this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
* Provide recommendations for technical strategies and solutions.
* Strategic development and technical management of customer environment.
* Create and expand the customer relationship through exploration of the customer’s business.
* Exploration of the customer’s business and education of Akamai’s portfolio and roadmap.
* 25-50% travel required.
About the Team
The Media Services team is an experienced group of industry experts and Internet technologists working with the top Media, Publishing, Gaming and Broadcasting companies. Having joined Akamai from a range of backgrounds, they engage with our customers to design and build quality solutions, consult on industry best practices, support large live streaming events, and always maintain the highest quality customer service.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field experience or its equivalent, or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field experience or its equivalent.
* Minimum of 5 years overall experience in the IT industry.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer-facing environment delivering consulting services, selling services or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 3 years of experience with Internet technologies and protocols such as HTTP/HTTPS, DNS.
* Minimum 1 year of experience with TLS, Streaming, OTT Broadcasting, etc.
* Domain knowledge of products and processes related to Digital Media - streaming, content security, broadcasting, online publishing, social media, gaming, media workflow.
* Demonstrated success developing client relationships.
* A proven track record demonstrating good business judgment, an ability to make decisions, and a passion for excellence
* Ability to organize, interpret, present & analyze data.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business related subjects to all audiences, from the user to the executive level.
* Ability to work across multiple levels within Akamai and customers, C-level to daily Operations Engineers.
* Must be able to work independently as part of a remote team.
* MBA or Advanced Degree preferred.
Additional Application InstructionsAkamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Assistant Director of Equal OpportunityBoston UniversityBoston, MA, United StatesApr 25
Case Manager/Case AideA Safe HavenChicago, IL, United StatesApr 25
NW Promise Education CoordinatorNW Regional Education Service DistrictHillsboro, OR, United StatesApr 21
Media Engagement ManagerAkamaiSanta Monica, CA, United StatesApr 19
HR CoordinatorTelemundoMiami, FL, United StatesApr 19
Latest from the webjobs by
Part Time Handyman (Reliable Transportation Required)Hispanic Indoor MediaSyracuse, NY15 Mar
Team Lead, Multicultural SpecialistBeam Inc.Illinois14 Feb
Community Empowerment DirectorUnivision communications incChicago, IL30 Jan
Assistant Property Manager (Bilingual) (Chicago)HHDCChicago, IL17 Feb
Sales Associate-Account ExecutiveNorsan Media of FloridaJacksonville, FL6 Apr
Social Media CoordinatorUnited States Soccer FederationChicago, IL, United StatesApr 18
Retail Club Membership ManagerCabela'sHoffman Estates, IL, United StatesApr 07
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER 2Multnomah County Department of Community JusticePortland, OR, United StatesApr 17
Sr. Account ManagerHoneywellChicago, IL, United StatesApr 03
Mid-Level Manager, Business Affairs, Latin AmericaSony PicturesMiami, FL, United StatesMar 29