New Product Lead
At Harley-Davidson Motor Company we do much more than just build motorcycles; we fulfill dreams of personal freedom. We are customer led in all we do, and we believe and invest in our people and our communities. Harley-Davidson believes that its people are the only real long-term competitive advantage and their energy and commitment is what has made us successful since 1903.
The Lead P&A New Product Introduction manages cross-functional product design and development teams in the P&A business unit. Role is accountable for implementing assigned product plans, and monitoring projects from initiation through delivery/launch. Formulates project timelines and manages resources throughout the Product Development Process. Must have the ability to leverage and manage cross-functional resources (internal and external) to meet quality, cost, brand, and timing targets. This position must effectively implement the Product Development Methodology and work in close collaboration in a matrix team environment to drive consistency of process, best practices, and procedures including process auditing and adherence. Position requires strong organizational time and project management skills including project management software necessary to maintain up to date documentation to enable the efficient monitoring and tracking of multiple new product projects in various stages of development and launching over a series of years.
This position is responsible for:
New Product Development
• Managing assigned projects by leading cross-functional development teams which include Purchasing, Engineering, and outside supplier resources while achieving product cost targets, margin objectives, product performance, product quality, product features and product introduction timing
• Must have the ability to leverage and manage limited internal and external resources to meet quality, cost, image, timing, margin and revenue targets
• Must demonstrate the ability to effectively interact and coordinate activities of cross-functional teams and groups within the company and with outside stakeholders in the distribution stream (suppliers, regulatory agencies, dealers, etc.)
• Formulates project timelines and manages resources throughout the Product Development Process. Responsible for developing compelling business cases for assigned projects and managing capital and expense expenditures.
• Responsible for the financial performance of assigned projects to insure corporate and divisional objectives are met
• Communicates project information and plans to the P&A Portfolio Mgt. and Leadership as well as Project status updates to large cross functional groups.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Minimum 8 years of related experience. Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic, ambiguous, flexible team environment. Strong leadership skills with the ability to hold team members accountable. Solid understanding of product development processes. Ability to develop product definition and specifications. Knowledge of design, design qualifications, manufacturing processes, and familiarity with cost targeting and material management. Experience managing in a matrix environment. Strong problem solving skills (root cause analysis). Demonstration of sound strategic planning skills. Effective project management.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know you must also exhibit and demonstrate our valued behaviors in everything that you do:
• Be accountable
• Model Integrity
• Value Individuality and Diversity
• Inspire Teamwork
• Encourage Creativity
Travel Required: 0-10%
Sign up for Job Alerts
Senior Android DeveloperCVS HealthNorthbrook, IL, United StatesMar 29
Vice President, Human ResourcesMilwaukee Area Technical CollegeMilwaukee, WI, United StatesMar 29
Mid-Level Manager, Business Affairs, Latin AmericaSony PicturesMiami, FL, United StatesMar 29
HR Associate ManagerDr. Pepper SnappleDallas, TX, United StatesMar 24
Shipping Supply SpecialistsUlineWaukegan, IL, United StatesMar 21
Latest from the webjobs by
Summer Intern 2017Walton IsaacsonChicago, IL28 Mar
Public Relations Sr. Account ExecutiveC-COM Group Inc.Miami, FL 331458 Mar
Promotions AssistantLiberman Broadcasting, IncIrving, TX 7506328 Mar
Community Empowerment DirectorUnivision communications incChicago, IL30 Jan
Part Time Handyman (Reliable Transportation Required)Hispanic Indoor MediaSyracuse, NY15 Mar
HR CordinatorNBCUniversalHialeah, FL, United StatesMar 10
Hispanic Digital Producer and Network PartnershipsTelemundoMiami, FL, United StatesMar 06
International MerchandiserSears HoldingsMiami, FL, United StatesMar 14
Marketing CoordinatorBriggs & StrattonMilwaukee, WI, United StatesFeb 28
Aspiring AgentState FarmChicago, IL, United StatesFeb 01